Thursday, December 1, 2011

Seek Me with All Your Heart

I was able to review Seek Me with All Your Heart by Beth Wiseman a few months ago. I loved the Amish background to the story. It's a story of two different young people in a new Amish community. Emily is quite reserved and seems to be running from something in her past. David is also a bit reserved, also seemingly from his past, but for very different reasons. The story picks up as they meet and mingle and fight and (not to give it away, but this is a romance) become friends.

The Amish culture is very interesting to me, and I was surprised to read this book about a new community that they have formed in Colorado. I had no idea that the Amish were spread nationwide, as I normally view them as residing in Pennsylvania or Ohio. It makes sense, but I just hadn't thought about it much I guess. I wish that there was some good Amish fiction available that wasn't a love story or romance. Anyone have any good ideas they could toss my way? I'm not much of a romance reader. =) In the author's defense, she did a very good job keeping the romance interesting without being over the top about it.

Thanks to Book Sneeze for bringing this book to my attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment